« Home | SDA Jobs » | Now & Then » | My New CV » | T-shirt Design » | Where To Start Becoming A Graphic Designer? » | Welcome to The World » 

Sunday, October 16, 2005 

Ade & Girl

A friend of mine, Ade, was asking me to vectorize his pic. A pic full of memory with his girlfriend. She's out there somewhere in the Middle East. Hehehe...what a great girl. Having courage to fight for what she wants.

Original Bitmap version Vector version

For this design, I used Adobe Illustrator CS 2. As usual, I use the original pic (on the left) as the master template in a layer. Then, I created a new layer above it, and by using Pen tool and Eyedropper tool, I traced all objects needed to make the final design (on the right).
It took me about 2 hours to finish it. When I sent the final result to him, he's excited and he said about sending it to his beloved one.
Glad to hear that, 'cause I think the greatest appreciation for a graphic designer is when his/her client likes the job.